Students need proper guidance to successfully navigate the increasing and complexity of the competitive process during college years. College educational consultant is an excellent resource for this as they are trained professionally and with their past experiences, you can be sure that your children who will be going to college are in good hands.
What College Consultants Normally Do?
- They work with incoming college students and their families in every step of the college process including high school exit planning, college preparation like exams, essays, applications, majors to choose, scholarships, and even financial aids.
- Help clarify goals and nurtures values in your children.
- Identify potential schools that have a standard higher education and best for your children that will not focus on academics only but to develop their social being as well.
- Help students in reaching their dreams by crystalizing goals and career paths before they will select a program.
- Reduce stress and tension between the students and parents.
How to Find the Best College Consultant?
The best place for you to find a college consultant is through connecting and asking help from IECA or Independent Educational Consultants Association or professional association like HECA. When searching for the best one, find a consultant who has the best match for the specific needs of the child. You can ask for info or have a background check first on some prospect consultants as consultants have different personalities as well. Some consultants are serious and taskmasters, others are the traditional ones like a kind and caring mother while some consultants have the skills in working with disabled kids. Some work well on children who are inclined in performing arts while others work well with student-athletes.
Things to consider if you will hire a consultant is how knowledgeable and updated they are on the process like admissions, college universities they had visited, and what they learn from those colleges. If he has all the right and relevant information you want to know for your kids and he has the heart to care for the future of your children and not consider after the money that he can get, then consider that person to be the college consultant of your kids.
In Ivy League college consulting, coach Ivy and her consultants will work with students as early as eighth grade. Contact them now if you are interested in their college consulting services to prepare your students to be enrolled in a reputable University.